2023 World’s Strongest Man Day One Outcomes
Under are the outcomes for every of the teams in every of Day One’s three occasions:
Occasion One “Loading Race” Outcomes
The 30 strongmen tried to load a 265-pound sandbag Husafell for six meters, a 265-pound heavy sandbag for 4 meters, a 275-pound anvil, and two log bundles weighing 234 kilos and 253 kilos onto a platform as quick as attainable inside the 90-second time cap.
- Pavlo Kordiyaka — 5 in 41.38 seconds
- Tom Stoltman — 5 in 43.83 seconds
- Bobby Thompson— 5 in 56.56 seconds
- Konstantine Janashia — 61.1 seconds
- Pa O’Dwyer — 65.89 seconds
- Eddie Williams — 5 in 66.04 seconds
- Oleksii Novikov — 5 in 52.15 seconds
- Kristján Jón Haraldsson — 5 in 54.58 seconds
- Thomas Evans — 5 in 57.40 seconds
- Luke Stoltman — 5 in 62.78 seconds
- Gavin Bilton — 5 in 63.01 seconds
- Fadi El Masri — 4 in 49.57 seconds
- Mitchell Hooper— 5 in 42.05 seconds
- Aivars Šmaukstelis — 5 in 52.71 seconds
- Mathew Ragg — 5 in 58.72 seconds
- Spenser Remick — 5 in 67.15 seconds
- Mateusz Kieliszkowski — 5 in 67.53 seconds
- Graham Hicks — 4 in 53.4 seconds
- Jaco Schoonwinkel — 5 in 47.1 seconds
- Rauno Heinla — 5 in 51.41 seconds
- Brian Shaw — 5 in 53.7 seconds
- Adam Bishop — 4 in 43.12 seconds
- Gabriel Rhéaume — 4 in 51.03 seconds
- Kevin Faires — three in 65.3 seconds
- Evan Singleton — 5 in 46.9 seconds
- Eythor Ingolfsson Melsted — 5 in 56.41 seconds
- Trey Mitchell — 5 in 66.64 seconds
- Paul Smith — 4 in 44.79 seconds
- Mark Felix — 4 in 54.32 seconds
- Jean-Stephan Coraboeuf — three in 40.63 seconds
Kordiyaka proved to the world that his 2023 Europe’s Strongest Man victory was no fluke. He posted the quickest time within the discipline, lower than one second forward of Mitchell Hooper’s profitable time.
Talking of Hooper, this was his first of three consecutive occasion wins on Day One. He’s the one athlete to stay undefeated in Myrtle Seashore.
Jaco Schoonwinkel of South Africa put his identify on the map, clearing all 5 implements sooner than anybody else in his group, together with four-time WSM Brian Shaw. He stays a menace heading into Day Two to contest for a spot within the Stone Off and probably even win the group outright.
Occasion Two “Deadlift Machine” Outcomes
All of the athletes tried to deadlift the next development of weights:
- Deadlift One — 281 kilograms
- Deadlift Two — 298 kilograms
- Deadlift Three — 312 kilograms
- Deadlift 4 — 329 kilograms
- Deadlift 5 — 345 kilograms
- Deadlift Six — 362 kilograms
- Deadlift Seven and Above — 379 kilograms
Time was not a part of the scoring for this occasion; solely whole reps mattered.
- Bobby Thompson— seven reps
- Tom Stoltman — six reps (T-second)
- Konstantine Janashia — six reps (T-second)
- Pavlo Kordiyaka — 5 reps (T-fourth)
- Pa O’Dwyer — 5 reps (T-fourth)
- Eddie Williams — 5 reps (T-fourth)
- Oleksii Novikov — six reps
- Thomas Evans — 5 reps (T-second)
- Luke Stoltman — 5 reps (T-second)
- Gavin Bilton — 5 reps (T-second)
- Kristjan Jon Haraldsson — 4 reps (T-fifth)
- Fadi El Masri — 4 reps (T-fifth)
- Mitchell Hooper— eight reps
- Matthew Ragg — seven reps (T-second)
- Graham Hicks — seven reps (T-second)
- Aivars Šmaukstelis — 5 reps (T-fourth)
- Spenser Remick — 5 reps (T-fourth)
- Mateusz Kieliszkowski — 4 reps
- Rauno Heinla — eight reps (T-first)
- Brian Shaw — eight reps (T-first)
- Adam Bishop — seven reps
- Jaco Schoonwinkel — six reps
- Gabriel Rhéaume — 5 reps (T-fifth)
- Kevin Faires — 5 reps (T-fifth)
- Trey Mitchell — eight reps
- Evan Singleton — six reps (T-second)
- Mark Felix — six reps (T-second)
- Eythor Ingolfsson Melsted — 5 reps (T-fourth)
- Jean-Stephan Coraboeuf — 5 reps (T-fourth)
- Paul Smith — 4 reps
The fulcrum of the deadlift machine was positioned at its base, which means that the burden felt heavier the upper off the bottom it was and drove the athletes backward. Strongman after strongman repositioned their feet throughout their first rep as soon as they felt the place the middle of gravity at lockout was.
This made efficiently pulling rep seven a monumental job. Thompson, in Group One, was the primary to achieve that endeavor. Hooper proved that eight reps was attainable.
Shaw and Heinla’s showdown in Group 4 was highlight-reel-worthy as each males locked out eight reps to a roaring crowd. Mitchell closed the occasion on a excessive of eight reps, conserving Singleton, who lifted after him, at arm’s attain.
Occasion Three “Log Ladder” Outcomes
The 30 strongmen have been tasked with clean and pressing 5 logs weighing 275, 310, 350, 375, and 400 kilos as quick as attainable within the 75-second time cap.
- Tom Stoltman — 5 in 41.56 seconds
- Pavlo Kordiyaka — 5 in 46 seconds
- Bobby Thompson— 4 in 25.83 seconds
- Eddie Williams — 4 in 55.89 seconds
- Konstantine Janashia — 4 in 68.39 seconds
- Pa O’Dwyer — three in 25.8 seconds
- Thomas Evans — 5 in 38.96 seconds
- Luke Stoltman — 5 in 52.76 seconds
- Oleksii Novikov — 4 in 32.50 seconds
- Gavin Bilton — 4 in 56.84 seconds
- Kristjan Jon Haraldsson — two in 16.28 seconds
- Fadi El Masri — two in 17.43 seconds
- Mitchell Hooper — 5 in 39.51 seconds
- Matthew Ragg — 5 in 55.84 seconds
- Graham Hicks — 4 in 28.31 seconds
- Aivars Šmaukstelis — 4 in 30.44 seconds
- Mateusz Kieliszkowski — 4 in 33.24 seconds
- Spenser Remick — 4 in 38.79 seconds
- Brian Shaw — 4 in 33.99 seconds
- Jaco Schoonwinkel — 4 in 34.77 seconds
- Rauno Heinla — three in 21.6 seconds
- Kevin Faires — three in 28.93 seconds
- Gabriel Rhéaume — three in 32.96 seconds
- Adam Bishop — three in 33.25 seconds
- Trey Mitchell — 5 in 39.44 seconds
- Evan Singleton — 4 in 35.48 seconds
- Eythor Ingolfsson Melsted — 4 in 39.93 seconds
- Paul Smith — 4 in 45.84 seconds
- Jean-Stephan Coraboeuf — three in 22.34 seconds
- Mark Felix — one in 7.58 seconds
A high log of 400 kilos as a fifth carry beneath time strain is an enormous ask. For reference as to how heavy that’s, Thompson’s present American log lift record is 478.5 kilos.
With standings tightening up amongst the highest rivals, the vitality was sizzling from the bounce. Tom Stoltman and Thompson had a conflict for the ages within the last warmth of Group One which noticed the American unexpectedly miss his try on the fifth log, leaving sufficient time for the two-time defending WSM to lockout an event-winning time.
Evans in Group Two continued to point out his prowess in overhead occasions and that he’s a respectable WSM Closing contender. He grows increasingly assured with every occasion and is more likely to stay a menace for the remainder of the competitors. He scored the quickest time within the discipline as the primary athlete to complete sub-40 seconds.
Hooper continued his dominance in Group Three after practically falling face-first from tripping over the primary log. The day closed with a scorcher between Mitchell and Singleton in Group 5, however the Texan is plain in heavy occasions.
Day Two Incoming
Three extra occasions are left to find out the 2023 WSM Closing roster. Two and a half factors separate Tom Stoltman, Thompson, and Kordiyaka on the high of Group One. 4 factors separate Novikov, Evans, and Luke Stoltman in Group Two.
Hooper’s flawless run on Day One opened up a 4.5-point lead over Ragg and a 7.5-point lead over Šmaukstelis. So long as Hooper can keep away from catastrophe, it’s his group to lose.
Shaw closes Day Certainly one of his last WSM within the lead, however solely some extent and a half separate him, Heinla, and Schoonwinkel. That is the tightest group within the competitors.
Group 5 is presently a two-man battle for the win between Mitchell and Singleton. The previous holds a point-and-a-half lead over the latter. Ingolfsson Melsted has a four-point buffer on either side and might safely play protection on Day Two to safe a spot in his Group’s Stone Off.
Talking of, the Stone Off is the ultimate occasion of the Qualifying stage. Will probably be preceded by the Kettlebell Toss and Conan’s Wheel, which kicks off the day at 8:00 a.m. EST.
Featured picture courtesy of World’s Strongest Man.