Right this moment I’m speaking to Matt Davis, the founder and driving power behind Obstacle Racing Media, the net’s primary supply for all issues OCR, Hyrox, and extra. Matt and I’ve so much in widespread: We’re each obsessed with health, we each began sport-specific media corporations, and we each began these media journeys at a time when loads of of us mentioned it was a nasty thought. Like BarBend, Impediment Racing Media has stood the check of time and grown from a one-man weblog into a real supply and residential for its neighborhood on-line. If you wish to find out about the true historical past behind the rise and fall and rise once more of OCR, Matt has a narrative for you.
Earlier than we get into that, I wish to give a fast shoutout to at this time’s episode sponsor, Protecht Wraps. Wrist safety is necessary for me — and as somebody with wrist accidents up to now, I attempt to go the additional mile to guard them.
Do you put on a health tracker when lifting? Then you definately’ve in all probability skilled taking it off for bench press, kettlebells, or different workouts.
Introducing Protecht Wraps, the primary and solely wrist wrap for lifting, cross-training, and kettlebell exercises which are designed to work round your watch whereas conserving your wrists and watch protected.
They only launched, and you may test them out at Protechtwraps.com
On this episode of The BarBend Podcast, host David Tao talks to Matt Davis about:
- “This sounds enjoyable to me” — how an organization with out a marketing strategy rose to the highest of the area of interest media area (2:45)
- The start of the OCR area, together with its roots in “Robust Man” (07:00)
- “Oh, that is how you retain visitors” in a neighborhood (11:40)
- How huge is OCR? The true story behind the numbers (15:00)
- “The expansion of OCR…it’s a sport that social media constructed” (17:00)
- The stress of elite OCR versus making it “enjoyable” for everybody. Which gained out? (20:00)
- The place’s the REAL cash in Impediment Course Racing? (24:10)
Related hyperlinks and additional studying:
The put up Crazy True Story of Obstacle Course Racing (w/Matt Davis) appeared first on BarBend.