It doesn’t matter what crew you wish to win on Sunday, one factor is for positive, you’ll be grubbin’ on a few of your favourite Tremendous Bowl Sunday recipes and snacks. Aside from this 12 months, when the sport is over, you received’t be left feeling bloated and sluggish because of Scottsdale, AZ-based chef Dom Ruggiero, founder and CEO of Cast Iron Concepts, a Scottsdale-based Hospitality Group which is the mum or dad firm of three eating places: Hush Public Home, TVG Faucet Room, and Fireplace at Will.
Ruggiero, a Marine Aviation Operations Specialist, studied at Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Institute. He’s labored as a chef in New York Metropolis for a number of years earlier than returning to his hometown in 2019 and opening his first restaurant.
To assist burn off a few of the energy he consumes whereas crafting new culinary concepts in his kitchen, Ruggiero, who together with his spouse Holly predict their first baby, is an avid weightlifter and trains Brazilian jiu-jitsu.
Right here, Ruggiero shares a few of his prime tips about the best way to efficiently prep gameday goodies with out lacking a second of the sport—or an oz. of taste!
Tremendous Bowl Sunday Recipe Swaps
Preserve the flavour however minimize down on the energy by making easy, but flavorful swaps. “One of the simplest ways I’ve discovered to make Tremendous Bowl dishes more healthy is to maintain with the normal fare however to sub different elements whereever attainable,” Ruggiero says. For instance, replace mayonnaise-based recipes with Greek yogurt or fattier meats with leaner proteins similar to hen or turkey for beef or pork.
Ruggiero suggests these wholesome elements swap concepts:
- Swap mayonnaise or bitter cream for Greek Yogurt
- Swap ketchup for salsa for a clear sauce
- Swap ranch dip for hummus
- Swap vegetable oil for olive oil
- Swap soda for seltzer water with lemon
- Swap fat-laden meats with lean proteins
Prep Arduous, Play Arduous
Like everybody else, Ruggiero desires to be watching the sport and having fun with the get together. “I don’t wish to be caught within the kitchen whereas everybody else is having enjoyable,” the Tremendous Bowl chef says. So, he at all times creates his menu in order that it’s both simply prepped forward of time, and/or in a position to be hot-held with out compromising the flavour or texture. “Crockpots and pellet people who smoke are nice for this,” he says.
Disposable Aluminum Containers for the Win!
On the subject of game-day preparation, Ruggiero likes to serve all of his Tremendous Bowl Sunday recipes dishes in disposable aluminum pans. “Towards the tip of the get together, I’ll put out to-go containers for my company to take meals house in—it makes clear up a breeze,” he says.
Not solely does this make for a simple clean-up, however your mates get to get pleasure from their Sport Day dishes the following day and also you aren’t caught with extra meals than you may deal with.
Chef Dom Ruggiero’s Crowd-Pleasing Tremendous Bowl Sunday Recipes
French Onion Dip Recipe
This do-it-yourself French Onion Dip recipe is one in all Ruggiero’s spouse’s favourite dishes! “This recipe is an instance of how one can sub out Greek yogurt for mayo and additional virgin olive oil for butter,” hje says. It’s nice served with chips or fresh-cut greens for a fair more healthy choice.
- 2 giant Yellow Onions
- 2 giant Shallots
- 2 cloves minced Garlic
- ¼ cup Additional Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 4oz Softened Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup Chives
- Salt and Pepper to style
- Small cube Onions and Shallots. Warmth the oil in a sauté pan and cook dinner onions till properly caramelized, often about 30-45 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a big bowl add the cream cheese and Greek yogurt and whisk till easy. Add the onion combination and fresh-cut chives and whisk till absolutely integrated.
BBQ Hen Lettuce Cups Recipe
One other fan favourite is these BBQ Hen lettuce cups. Chef Ruggiero serves these with grilled corn, shaved radish, cheddar cheese, and scallions, “However you may personalize them nonetheless you want together with your favourite elements.” He says. Bear in mind, “This recipe makes use of the crock pot together with your favourite BBQ sauce however you could possibly additionally use your smoker for added smokey taste.” Recommends Chef Ruggiero.
- 4 Boneless Skinless Hen Breasts (3-4#)
- 2 cups BBQ Sauce
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Additional Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- place the hen breasts within the crock pot.
- In a bowl add the remaining elements and blend completely.
- Pour the sauce combination over the hen and cook dinner on excessive for 3-4 hours or till the hen is well shredded with a fork.
- Maintain on low till you might be able to construct your lettuce cups.
- 1 head of Butter lettuce
- 1 watermelon radish (shaved skinny)
- 1 bunch scallions
- 2 ears Grilled Corn (minimize off the cobb)
- ½ C Grated Cheddar Cheese
- To construct the lettuce cups, place a chunk of lettuce down and scoop a number of ounces of pulled hen and place within the heart.
- Garnish with remaining elements to your liking.