Immediately I’m speaking to strongwoman Victoria Lengthy. She’s a professional strongwoman, the present America’s Strongest Lady, and a 2-time Arnold Pro Strongwoman Champion. She’s additionally a world file holder within the Elephant Bar deadlift, having pulled 651 kilos earlier this 12 months on the Arnold in strongman fashion. We discuss her background in energy — she actually solely began competing significantly in 2019 — and psychological ideas for turning again days into small (or in her case, generally large) wins. It may very well be argued Victoria is the strongest total girl on the planet proper now — some extra wins may cement that — so it’s uncommon to get coaching, diet, and mindset perception from somebody at this stage.
On this episode of the BarBend Podcast, host David Thomas Tao talks to Victoria Lengthy about:
- Why “cheat meals” truly begin BEFORE the competitors (2:45)
- Did Victoria have the most effective competitors turnaround in energy historical past? (6:30)
- Pulling the heaviest girls’s deadlift in historical past (11:20)
- Is the “wheel of ache” the hardest implement in energy? (14:50)
- Victoria’s first competitors (17:40)
- Combating (or ignoring) social media trolls (21:00)
- Celebrating the ladies who elevate one another up (23:15)
Related hyperlinks and additional studying:
The publish Heaviest Deadlifter in History (with Victoria Long) appeared first on BarBend.