The kickoff to the 2023 CrossFit season is nigh. On Thursday, Feb. 16, 2023, all eyes within the CrossFit community will flip to Caja Mágica in Madrid, Spain, the place the announcement for CrossFit Open exercise 23.1 will happen. Competitors Director Adrian Bozman will break down the exercise. A whole bunch of hundreds of athletes worldwide will carry out the exercise to submit their exercise instances by the Monday, Feb. 20, 2023, deadline. Nonetheless, the primary to try 23.1 can be elite Video games opponents Laura Horvath, Gabriela Migała, Björgvin Karl Gudmundsson, and Lazar Đukić.
Those that want to watch this and all future reside bulletins for the 2023 Open can achieve this by tuning in to the primary present on the CrossFit Video games YouTube channel. The motion will begin at 21:00 CET (Midday PT, 3 p.m. ET, 8 p.m. GMT, 7 a.m. AEDT).
The motion requirements for every Open exercise can be launched alongside every exercise’s announcement.
2023 CrossFit Open Schedule
- Exercise 23.1 — Introduced on Feb. 16, 2023 | Submissions Due Feb. 20, 2023
- Exercise 23.2 — Introduced on Feb. 23, 2023 | Submissions Due Feb. 27, 2023
- Exercise 23.3 — Introduced on March 2, 2023 | Submissions Due March 6, 2023
2023 CrossFit Season Gear Checklist
The next gear is required to carry out the anticipated programming for the 2023 season, which incorporates the Open:
- Barbells — 35 kilos (15 kilograms), 45 kilos (20 kilograms)
- Normal Bumper Plates, Change Plates, and Collars
- Dumbbells — 70 kilos (32.5 kilograms), 50 kilos (22.5 kilograms), 35 kilos (15 kilograms), and 20 kilos (10 kilograms)
- Kettlebells — 16 kilograms, 24 kilograms, and 32 kilograms
- Medicine Balls — 20 kilos (9 kilograms), 14 kilos (six kilograms), and 10 kilos (4 kilograms)
- Plyo Boxes — 20 inches, 24 inches, and 30 inches
- Gymnastics Rings
- Jump Ropes
- Concept2 Rower
- Pull-Up Bar — to carry out actions together with however not restricted to:
- Wall Area — to carry out actions together with however not restricted to:
- Clear Flooring Area (25 ft)
- *Climbing Ropes (15 ft)
BarBend will replace this text with every of the 2023 Open exercises as they’re introduced, alongside any distinctive particulars they embody, reminiscent of new or returning actions and ideas from the elite athletes performing the exercises in the course of the reside bulletins.
Extra CrossFit Content material
Atone for all the most recent CrossFit tales on BarBend: