Getting one’s really useful each day allowance of fruits and vegetables will be difficult, however greens powders — just like the KOS Present Me the Greens! powder — can successfully add extra greens, fruits, and greens to your consumption. Greens powders are made up of dehydrated plant meals which can be floor into powder, permitting you to cram just a few additional servings of fruits and veggies right into a single glass of water. And whereas many greens powders use fruit and vegetable blends, KOS stands out for its dedication to utilizing solely natural entire elements in these blends that make up its Present Me The Greens! powder.
It additionally features a prebiotic blend of elements that will assist maintain your gut microbiome healthy and help digestion, and the all-natural Inexperienced Apple Smoothie flavoring is designed to make it style extra like Jamba Juice than yard waste. Whereas the ingredient record doesn’t word the particular quantities of every ingredient (because of the proprietary blends) or the quantities of vitamins per serving, these perks, mixed with the reasonably priced price, make KOS Present Me The Greens! powder price a better look.
- KOS Present Me The Greens! powder is good for people who find themselves on the lookout for natural, whole-food elements, as every thing on this powder is derived from natural vegetables and fruit.
- An added prebiotic mix of isomalto-oligosaccharide and acacia gum could help in intestine well being and digestion by offering vitamins to your present intestine microbiome (versus probiotics, which comprise the precise intestinal micro organism that make up your intestine microbiome).
- The value is correct with this greens powder. Whereas some higher-end greens powders can price $3 to $4 per serving, KOS Present Me The Greens! powder runs about $1.10 per scoop.
KOS Present Me the Greens!
This greens powder options all kinds of nutritional vitamins, minerals, and prebiotics sourced from all-natural and natural superfoods. It is received every thing you have to assist promote intestine well being and correct vitamin with none added sugars or synthetic flavors all packed in a refreshing Inexperienced Apple Smoothie taste.
KOS Present Me The Greens Powder Highlights
KOS’s greens powder is a mixture of proprietary blends extracted from entire vegetables and fruit. The principle parts are a 3.25-gram fruit and veggie mix with powders comprised of natural lemon juice, kale, cabbage, broccoli, pink pepper, and apples. The greens mix is a four-gram mixture of wheatgrass juice powder, wheatgrass entire powder, and oat grass powder, all of that are natural as nicely. A 250mg mixture of chlorella and spirulina algae provides a little bit of protein, and KOS’s two-gram prebiotic mix of acacia gum and isomalto-oligosaccharide might help promote gut health by offering meals for the microflora in your digestive system.
The Inexperienced Apple Sorbet taste is meant to brighten up the style with out added sugars, because of the monk fruit and stevia extracts, and at about $1.10 a serving, KOS’s greens powder is on the decrease finish of the worth vary for greens powders. Whereas the dietary label discloses energy, macronutrients, and a few mineral content material, there isn’t any data on the vitamin quantities. So when you’re somebody who likes to trace their vitamins meticulously, this will not be the best possibility for you.
Who Ought to Purchase KOS Present Me The Greens Powder
- Athletes who’re on the lookout for extra than simply greens, since this powder additionally features a prebiotic mix that will assist help intestine well being.
- Individuals who desire natural, entire meals elements, because the elements on this mix all come from natural vegetables and fruit.
- Anybody who doesn’t wish to empty their checking account for a greens powder. At round $29 for a 28-serving tub, KOS Present Me The Greens! powder is among the extra reasonably priced greens powders available on the market.
Who Shouldn’t Purchase KOS Present Me The Greens Powder
- Anybody who desires to stack supplements. The inexperienced apple taste might be arduous to mix with, say, chocolate protein powder.
- Individuals who would like a whole record of dietary information as KOS doesn’t record the vitamin quantities on its packaging.
- Anybody seeking to keep away from allergens, since KOS Present Me The Greens! is produced in a facility that will additionally course of peanuts, nuts, wheat, and different allergens.
Worth and Shopping for Choices
KOS Present Me The Greens! powder solely is available in one taste in a 28-serving container. It may be discovered on Amazon for about $31.04, which breaks right down to about $1.10 per serving, making it far more reasonably priced than many greens powders available on the market that may price as much as $3 or $4 per serving. Regardless of its lack of taste selection, it will get additional credit score for attaining its Inexperienced Apple Smoothie taste with monk fruit and stevia as an alternative of sugar or artificial sweeteners. If inexperienced apple isn’t your jam although, you might wish to go one other route. However at this worth level for a completely natural greens powder, you might simply be taught to find it irresistible.
KOS Present Me The Greens Powder General
The greens powder from KOS stands out for a number of causes, the primary of which is its fully natural elements record, which generally is a plus for athletes who wish to keep as pure as doable. Additionally, the addition of prebiotics offers the powder an edge with its potential to aid gut health, and the Inexperienced Apple taste could possibly be a plus for individuals who don’t just like the style of plain greens powders. And since its worth level is on the decrease facet, this could possibly be a stable possibility for individuals who wish to lower your expenses with out sacrificing high quality.
The proprietary mix of 13 elements (together with spirulina, broccoli, kale, wheatgrass, and a prebiotic mix) is designed to assist individuals add extra servings of vegetables and fruit to their diets. The proprietary prebiotic mix consists of isomalto-oligosaccharide powder and acacia gum which may assist promote intestine well being. (1) Every serving has 30 energy, one gram of protein, zero grams of fats, and 6 grams of carbohydrates — solely one in every of which is sugar. However extra on these elements beneath.
KOS Natural Algae Superfood Mix
The Natural Algae Superfood Mix is a 250mg mixture of natural chlorella (which research have steered could improve cholesterol and blood strain ranges), and natural spirulina (which will be an anti-inflammatory agent and immunity booster). (2)(3)
KOS Natural Alkalizing Greens Mix
This 4g mix of natural wheatgrass juice powder, natural wheatgrass powder, and natural oat grass powder, that are all wealthy in antioxidants and different vitamins, like nutritional vitamins A, C, E, and Okay. (4)
KOS Natural Fruit and Veggie Mix
The Natural Fruit and Veggie Mix has a 3.25g mixture of natural lemon juice powder, natural cabbage powder, natural kale powder, natural broccoli, natural apple, and natural inexperienced bell pepper, all of which comprise antioxidants and are wonderful sources of vitamins in addition to minerals, like iron and potassium. (5)
KOS Natural Digestive Prebiotic Mix
The 2g mix is a mixture of natural isomalto-oligosaccharide and natural acacia gum, each of which might present vitamins for the microfauna in your intestine microbiome, probably enhancing intestine well being and digestion. (6)
The Inexperienced Apple Smoothie flavoring consists of natural apple and mint flavors, natural monk fruit extract, and natural stevia extract. The latter two are each all-natural, low-glycemic sweeteners.
What To Take into account Earlier than Shopping for KOS Present Me The Greens Powder
There are just a few concerns to make earlier than going all in on this product. KOS Present Me The Greens! powder is on the cheaper facet of the greens powder spectrum, however its use of proprietary blends makes it inconceivable to know precisely how a lot of every ingredient you’re getting per scoop. Additionally, Inexperienced Apple Smoothie is the one taste, which limits your choices if you wish to combine it with other powders. Customers do get all natural elements, which can carry some well being advantages over non-organic meals. (7) However extra on all of this beneath.
KOS Present Me the Greens! powder’s elements come within the type of proprietary blends. The draw back to that is that firms aren’t required to record particular ingredient quantities of proprietary blends, so you may’t ensure of precisely how a lot of every ingredient is in every serving. If you happen to’re wanting a greens powder with a certain quantity of wheatgrass, prebiotics, or chlorella, this product will not be for you. However when you’re simply making an attempt to cram as many greens as you may into one glass, KOS has you coated right here.
Every container of KOS Present Me The Greens! powder has 28 single-scoop servings and can run you about $30, which makes it simply over a greenback per serving. With different greens powders costing within the $3 to $4 vary, that makes KOS Inexperienced Powder a wallet-friendly possibility, particularly when you think about the natural elements and prebiotic stack that’s included. You will discover cheaper greens powders, however many choices beneath the $1 per serving vary will lack options like prebiotics and flavors. Conversely, you may spend extra (far more) on greens powders when you’re on the lookout for extra options like adaptogens, superfoods, or a full pro- and prebiotic stack.
The Inexperienced Apple Smoothie flavoring will get factors for utilizing zero added sugar and all-natural sweeteners. Nevertheless, that is the one taste this product is available in, so when you’re not into Inexperienced Apple Smoothie, you’re out of luck right here. Additionally, there’s no unflavored possibility, so if you wish to combine it with every other powders or dietary supplements, you’ll need to do some alchemy to make the flavors work.
Whereas it gained’t fully change your want for vegetables and fruit, KOS Present Me The Greens! powder could possibly be a great way so as to add extra plant vitamins to your eating regimen. As well as, the prebiotic mix of isomalto-oligosaccharide and acacia gum could assist with digestion and intestine well being. Some research on greens powders have additionally proven cardiovascular benefits like decrease systolic and diastolic blood strain. (8)
Since KOS’s elements come within the type of proprietary blends, the particular quantities of every ingredient aren’t listed, which can be a draw back for some who’re on the lookout for their actual nutrient consumption. However the all-organic elements, worth, and added prebiotics make KOS Present Me The Greens! powder price contemplating.
What does KOS Present Me The Greens! Powder do?
Because it’s comprised of dried vegetables and fruit, KOS Present Me the Greens is meant to be a simple option to be sure you’re getting sufficient vegetables and fruit in your eating regimen, in addition to a simple option to complement a nutritious diet with extra nutritional vitamins. KOS Present Me The Greens additionally provides a prebiotic stack that incorporates meals to your intestine biome, which can help in intestine well being and digestion.
How a lot does KOS Present Me The Greens! price?
A 28-serving container of KOS Present Me The Greens! powder will price about $29, which works out to about $1.10 per serving. That is really on the decrease finish of the greens powder worth spectrum. You will discover cheaper greens powders, however these powders could lack the elements and perks that you just’d discover with Present Me The Greens!
Can I drink KOS Present Me The Greens! powder day-after-day?
Sure, when taken each day, Present Me The Greens! can add useful nutritional vitamins and vitamins to complement a nutritious diet. Plus, it could help in intestine well being, because of the powder’s prebiotic stack.
- Hsiao-Ling Chen, Yu-Ho Lu, Jiun-Jr Lin, Lie-Yon Ko. (2000) Results of isomalto-oligosaccharides on bowel capabilities and indicators of dietary standing in constipated aged males. Journal of the American School of Vitamin 20:1, pages 44-49
- Tomohiro Bito, Eri Okumura, Masaki Fujishima, and Fumio Watanabe. (2000) Potential of Chlorella as a Dietary Complement to Promote Human Well being. Vitamins 12:9, 2524.
- P. D. Karkos, S. C. Leong, C. D. Karkos, N. Sivaji, D. A. Assimakopoulos (2011) Spirulina in Medical Apply: Proof-Primarily based Human Purposes. Evid Primarily based Complement Alternat Med 2011: 531053
- Bar-Sela G, Cohen M, Ben-Arye E, Epelbaum R. The Medical Use of Wheatgrass: Overview of the Hole Between Fundamental and Medical Purposes. Mini Rev Med Chem. 2015;15(12):1002-10. doi: 10.2174/138955751512150731112836. PMID: 26156538.
- Slavin JL, Lloyd B. Well being advantages of vegetables and fruit. Adv Nutr. 2012 Jul 1;3(4):506-16. doi: 10.3945/an.112.002154. PMID: 22797986; PMCID: PMC3649719.
- Davani-Davari D, Negahdaripour M, Karimzadeh I, Seifan M, Mohkam M, Masoumi SJ, Berenjian A, Ghasemi Y. Prebiotics: Definition, Sorts, Sources, Mechanisms, and Medical Purposes. Meals. 2019 Mar 9;8(3):92. doi: 10.3390/foods8030092. PMID: 30857316; PMCID: PMC6463098.
- Vanessa Vigar, Stephen Myers, Christopher Oliver, Jacinta Arellano, Shelley Robinson, Carlo Leifert (2020) A Systematic Overview of Natural Versus Typical Meals Consumption: Is There a Measurable Profit on Human Well being? Vitamins 12:1, web page 7
- John Zhang, George Oxinos, John H Maher (2009) The impact of fruit and vegetable powder combine on hypertensive topics: a pilot research. Journal of Chiropractic Medication 8:3, pages 101–106