For athletes, staying adequately hydrated is about extra than simply drinking enough water. Whereas ingesting plain water might help with our physique’s core capabilities, electrolyte supplements like Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier take it up a notch by serving to to replenish the electrolytes that we lose in sweat. Every Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier packet incorporates round thrice the quantity of electrolytes in a typical sports activities drink . Plus, its method is designed that will help you take in water and electrolytes sooner. The packaging can also be a plus right here — it’s so much simpler to deliver a number of small packets to the fitness center than an entire tub of powder.
With 510mg of sodium, you’ll be able to replenish the sodium that you just sweat out throughout a grueling exercise, and every packet incorporates 380mg of potassium (equal to 1 medium-sized banana). Along with being non-GMO, this electrolyte complement can also be vegan-friendly and gluten-free, so these with dietary restrictions can partake within the hydration. Liquid I.V.’s Hydration Multiplier could also be an ideal match when you’re on the lookout for an efficient and handy hydration complement so as to add to your complement combine.
Editor’s observe: The content material on BarBend is supposed to be informative in nature, nevertheless it shouldn’t be taken as medical recommendation. The opinions and articles on this web site will not be meant for the prognosis, prevention, and/or remedy of well being issues. It’s all the time a good suggestion to speak to your physician earlier than starting a brand new health, dietary, and/or complement routine. Particular person wants for nutritional vitamins and minerals will differ.
- Every Hydration Multiplier packet incorporates 510mg of sodium and 380mg of potassium.
- There are 12 totally different flavors to select from.
- Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier is available in small packets as an alternative of a bath, making it simpler to take them on the go.
Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier
This hydration complement is filled with electrolytes, nutritional vitamins, and minerals that will help you replenish what’s misplaced whereas sweating.
Liquid I.V. Highlights
Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier makes use of what the corporate calls Mobile Transport Expertise (CTT)®️ , a exact ratio of sodium, glucose, and potassium that’s designed to create an osmotic impact that causes the physique to soak up water sooner. This not solely rehydrates you quicker but additionally helps your physique take in the vitamins shortly, to allow them to substitute what you misplaced in your final sweaty exercise. In comparison with a Gatorade, you’ll get 140mg extra sodium and 300mg extra potassium, however Liquid I.V. has 23g much less sugar and 95 fewer energy. That stated, you’re nonetheless getting 11 grams of sugar and 500mg of sodium — 22 p.c of your each day worth for each. So when you’re attempting to restrict the consumption of these components, you is perhaps higher off with one other electrolyte complement.
Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier is available in 12 flavors: Strawberry Lemonade, Seabearry, Tropical Punch, Pina Colada, Grape, Golden Cherry, Acai Berry, Guava, Lemon Lime, Ardour Fruit, Strawberry, and Watermelon. There’s additionally a 24-unit selection pack that incorporates Lemon Lime, Acai Berry, and Ardour Fruit. Pricing is fairly common in comparison with the competitors, however shopping for in bulk with a subscription is the best way to go, as the worth is roughly $1.20 per packet — making this a less expensive possibility than your typical sports activities drink.
- The 12 totally different flavors provide loads of selection, and all are fruit-forward with out being overly candy, because of a contact of saltiness.
- 510mg of sodium replenishes the sodium that you just sweat out in a troublesome exercise.
- These packets are gluten-free, vegan-friendly, and non-GMO.
- Every packet has about thrice the quantity of electrolytes as your common sports activities drink. Plus, these packets are cheaper, too.
- There are 11g of sugar and sodium in every packet, 22 p.c of the beneficial each day worth.
- The factitious sweeteners (reminiscent of sucralose and stevia) within the packets will not be ultimate for many who are delicate to them.
- Throwing away Liquid I.V.’s particular person packet containers creates extra environmental waste than scooping out of a bath.
Value and Shopping for Choices
You should buy Liquid I.V.’s Hydration Multiplier on the grocery retailer, from Amazon, and naturally, via the Liquid I.V. web site. An eight-pack from Amazon is roughly $17, and a ten-pack out of your native grocery retailer is round $20, however shopping for in bulk from their web site is the most cost effective strategy to go.
For those who purchase from the Liquid I.V. web site, a 16-pack is roughly $25, a 32-pack is round $50, a 48-pack is about $75, and a 64-pack will run you round $100. No matter which one you select, the packets might be round $1.56, however this may drop to round $1.20 when you subscribe to the month-to-month restock. This can drop the 16-pack to round $19, the 32-pack to about $38, the 48-pack to round $57, and the 64-pack to roughly $76. No matter which route you select, these are actually low costs per packet, contemplating the general effectiveness of the packets.
Liquid I.V. General
With so many hydration dietary supplements claiming to be the perfect, discovering one with the proper formulation on your particular wants may be difficult. Whereas we are able to’t communicate on each single possibility in the marketplace, we’re fairly excessive on Liquid I.V.’s Hydration Multiplier. Not solely have been the flavors we examined glorious, however one perpetually thirsty tester famous that Liquid I.V. blended with water was the one factor that actually quenched her thirst.
This provides some credence to the corporate’s claims that its particular ratio of components to water might assist the physique take in the liquid sooner. That stated, the heavy quantity of sodium and sugar will not be what everyone seems to be on the lookout for, and it doesn’t essentially make this a viable on a regular basis possibility when you’re not sweating so much.
Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier consists of 11 key components that work collectively to hydrate your physique and assist general wellness adequately. This listing consists of sodium, potassium, magnesium, glucose, and B vitamins, however let’s break down the heavy hitters, so you’ll be able to higher perceive what to anticipate.
Every particular person packet incorporates 500mg of sodium, which is 22 p.c of the beneficial each day worth. For those who aren’t conscious, sodium is an electrolyte that helps keep fluid stability within the physique and may stop muscle cramps. (1)
That is nice for when you end up wanting such as you simply hopped out of the pool after a exercise, however lower than ultimate for on a regular basis ingesting and for many who need to restrict their sodium consumption usually. It’s because extreme sodium consumption is related to hypertension. (2) If that could be a fear for you, it could be greatest to search for a product with much less sodium content material.
Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier incorporates 370mg of potassium per serving, which controls muscle contraction, maintains wholesome blood stress, and performs an essential half in protein synthesis. Plus, growing your potassium consumption might help stave off muscle cramps throughout a exercise. Whereas consuming fruit and veggies is the easiest way to extend your potassium consumption, this might help you improve your general each day consumption.
Magnesium is one other important electrolyte, and its predominant goal is to keep up regular mobile and organ perform. (3) One packet incorporates 25mg of magnesium, which can not appear to be so much, however neither Gatorade nor Powerade incorporates magnesium, so this can be a perk.
Liquid I.V. incorporates 7mg of dextrose, a type of glucose that could be a naturally-occurring sugar compound in our our bodies. Glucose is central to vitality consumption and fuels our our bodies. (4) Dextrose is definitely absorbed and should assist your physique take in the electrolytes at a sooner charge.
B Nutritional vitamins
Every Liquid I.V. packet incorporates nutritional vitamins B3, B5, B6, and B12.
B3, additionally referred to as Niacin, has quite a few advantages, reminiscent of conserving our pores and skin, nervous, and digestive methods wholesome. (5) Every packet incorporates 22.8mg, about 140 p.c of the each day worth, however you’d must be intaking over 2,000mg a day to expertise unfavorable results, so don’t fear.
You’ll discover 11.7mg of B5 in every packet, which helps break down fat and carbs into vitality. (6)
There may be 2.35mg of vitamin B6 in Liquid I.V., which is 140 p.c of your each day consumption. This nutrient performs an essential function in mind growth and helps maintain your nerves and immune system working correctly. (7)
Liquid I.V. incorporates 6.82 mcg of vitamin B12 per serving, which is 280 p.c of the beneficial each day consumption. B12 performs a vital function in your physique, serving to to maintain your blood and nerve cells wholesome and taking part in a component in making DNA. (8)
You’ll discover 73mg of vitamin C in one among these packets, which is 80 p.c of your each day worth. Vitamin C is understood to help in rising and repairing the tissues in your physique and might help assist your immune system. And it prevents scurvy, which is a plus.
Liquid I.V. incorporates 15mg of stevia leaf extract per serving. This can be a pure and calorie-free sweetener derived from the stevia plant. Since stevia is roughly 200 to 400 occasions sweeter than sugar, those that don’t like sweets might discover Liquid I.V. too candy, however you’ll be able to all the time combine these packets with extra water to dilute the style. (9)
What To Think about Earlier than Shopping for Liquid I.V.
Other than the advantages of staying hydrated and replenishing your physique from the electrolytes misplaced whereas sweating, you must nonetheless contemplate a number of elements earlier than committing to buying Liquid I.V.
Whereas the general costs for Liquid I.V. are fairly aggressive in comparison with the remainder of the market, you must nonetheless weigh your buying choices rigorously. A ten-pack out of your native grocery retailer will price you round $20, which means every packet is $2, whereas the 16, 32, 48, and 64-pack choices are roughly $1.50. In our opinion, shopping for in bulk and subscribing to a month-to-month restock is fingers down the best way to go, as every packet will drop to round $1.20, making it cheaper than your customary sports activities drink.
Discovering a product that your style buds get pleasure from is essential to purchasing any complement. Since not everybody desires the identical taste, Liquid I.V. crafted 12 totally different flavors: Strawberry Lemonade, Seabearry, Tropical Punch, Pina Colada, Grape, Golden Cherry, Acai Berry, Guava, Lemon Lime, Ardour Fruit, Strawberry, and Watermelon. Plus, you’ll be able to snag a range pack when you aren’t offered on anyone taste but. Throughout testing, we discovered that the style throughout the board was glorious — the fruit style was on the forefront with out being overly candy, with only a little bit of saltiness.
Sodium and Sugar Content material
The sodium and sugar content material could also be an important side of deciding whether or not or not you need to buy Liquid I.V.’s Hydration Multiplier. The sugar and sodium in a single serving account for 22 p.c of your beneficial each day worth. This can be a lot in a single drink, so when you’re attempting to restrict one or each of those components each day, you would possibly need to contemplate different choices.
Liquid I.V. is available in single-serving packets versus the bathtub that almost all dietary supplements are available in. Since you’ll be able to conveniently toss these small packets in a fitness center bag, it’s a lot simpler to take these to the fitness center for some fast rehydration after a exercise. However they do create extra waste, since every packet is one other piece of rubbish that it’s a must to throw away. Tubs, whereas much less useful to hold round with you, create much less waste whenever you’re carried out with them. If minimizing environmental waste is a precedence for you, chances are you’ll need to contemplate different choices.
Hydration is significant to dwelling a wholesome life, because it helps maintain your joints lubricated and improves sleep high quality and cognition. (10) Ingesting sufficient water every day is an efficient begin, however energetic individuals have to make certain that they’re additionally getting sufficient electrolytes to really replenish what they lose whereas sweating. Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier is ideal for taking after an extended exercise, a scorching day within the solar, or an evening out in town, and the packets are ultimate for many who are always on the go.
The mix of electrolytes, nutritional vitamins, and minerals might help assist correct hydration and general wellness. 12 flavors imply there’s an elevated likelihood that you just’ll discover one you get pleasure from, or you’ll be able to go for the variability pack. And with a number of bulk shopping for choices, they’re fairly low cost, contemplating the product’s effectiveness. Simply bear in mind, the excessive sodium and sugar ranges will not be ultimate for these trying to restrict their each day consumption of these particular components. Finally, Liquid I.V. is a superb alternative for these trying to find an reasonably priced electrolyte complement (particularly when you subscribe) that’s extremely transportable and may help in correct hydration.
How a lot does Liquid I.V. price?
The value for this product depends upon what number of packets you need to buy. Buying an eight-pack on Amazon or a 10-pack at your native grocery retailer could have every packet costing round $2. Nonetheless, if you buy one of many bulk choices on the Liquid I.V. web site, that value will drop to round $1.50 per packet, and when you subscribe, it drops to round $1.20 per serving.
How a lot sodium is in Liquid I.V.?
Every particular person serving incorporates 510mg of sodium, which is 22 p.c of the beneficial each day worth. Whereas that is useful for whenever you’re sweating like a pig after a exercise, it’s not essentially ultimate for on a regular basis utilization, and people who need to restrict their sodium might need to avoid this product.
What flavors does Liquid I.V. are available in?
Liquid I.V. presents its hydration complement in 12 flavors: Strawberry Lemonade, Seabearry, Tropical Punch, Pina Colada, Grape, Golden Cherry, Acai Berry, Guava, Lemon Lime, Ardour Fruit, Strawberry, and Watermelon.
- Veniamakis, Eleftherios et al. “Results of Sodium Consumption on Well being and Efficiency in Endurance and Extremely-Endurance Sports activities.” Worldwide journal of environmental analysis and public well being vol. 19,6 3651. 19 Mar. 2022, doi:10.3390/ijerph19063651
- Hunter, Robert W et al. “The influence of extreme salt consumption on human well being.” Nature opinions. Nephrology vol. 18,5 (2022): 321-335. doi:10.1038/s41581-021-00533-0
- Razzaque, Mohammed S. “Magnesium: Are We Consuming Sufficient?.” Vitamins vol. 10,12 1863. 2 Dec. 2018, doi:10.3390/nu10121863
- Nakrani, Mihir N., et al. “Physiology, Glucose Metabolism.” StatPearls, StatPearls Publishing, 25 July 2022.
- Hamoud S, Kaplan M, Meilin E, Hassan A, Torgovicky R, Cohen R, Hayek T. Niacin administration considerably reduces oxidative stress in sufferers with hypercholesterolemia and low ranges of high-density lipoprotein ldl cholesterol. Am J Med Sci. 2013 Mar;345(3):195-9. doi: 10.1097/MAJ.0b013e3182548c28. PMID: 22990043.
- “Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid).” Mount Sinai Well being System, www.mountsinai.org/health-library/complement/vitamin-b5-pantothenic-acid#:~:textual content=Inpercent20additionpercent20topercent20playingpercent20a,thatpercent20sitpercent20atoppercent20thepercent20kidneys.
- Coolicc. “TOP7 Advantages of Vitamin B6.” Cleveland Clinic, 19 Might 2023, well being.clevelandclinic.org/vitamin-b6/. Accessed 15 June 2023.
- “Workplace of Dietary Dietary supplements – Vitamin B12.” NIH Workplace of Dietary Dietary supplements, U.S. Division of Well being and Human Companies, ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminB12-Client/#:~:textual content=Vitaminpercent20B12percent20ispercent20apercent20nutrient,makespercent20peoplepercent20tiredpercent20andpercent20weak.
- Middle for Meals Security and Utilized Diet. “Aspartame and Different Sweeteners in Meals.” U.S. Meals and Drug Administration, FDA, www.fda.gov/meals/food-additives-petitions/aspartame-and-other-sweeteners-food#:~:textual content=Steviolpercent20glycosidespercent20arepercent20naturalpercent20constituents,timespercent20sweeterpercent20thanpercent20tablepercent20sugar.
- “The Significance of Hydration.” Information, 22 June 2018, www.hsph.harvard.edu/information/hsph-in-the-news/the-importance-of-hydration/#:~:textual content=Drinkingpercent20enoughpercent20waterpercent20eachpercent20day,qualitypercent2Cpercent20cognitionpercent2Cpercent20andpercent20mood.