The all-time uncooked squat world file within the girls’s 90-kilogram weight class has fallen. On March 26, 2023, Sherine Marcelle appeared within the 2023 World Uncooked Powerlifting Federation (WRPF) Femme Fatale III meet and squatted 263.5 kilograms (580.9 kilos) on her second try to rewrite historical past.
Marcelle went eight for eight in makes an attempt, foregoing her third squat try after claiming the all-time world file. Beneath is her full efficiency, in keeping with LiftingCast:
2023 WRPF Femme Fatale III Outcomes | Sherine Marcelle (90KG, Uncooked)
Marcelle weighed in at 89.2 kilograms and scored the next lifts:
- 250 kilograms (551.2 kilos)
- 263.5 kilograms (580.9 kilos) | New All-Time Uncooked World File
- Bench Press
- 110 kilograms (242.5 kilos)
- 127.5 kilograms (281.1 kilos)
- 130 kilograms (286.6 kilos)
- 222.5 kilograms (490.5 kilos)
- 235 kilograms (518.1 kilos)
- 240 kilograms (529.1 kilos)
- Complete — 633,5 kilograms (1,396.6 kilos)
Marcelle received gold in her weight class. She was joined on the rostrum by Ashley Nash and Casey Marie Dykman because the runner-up and bronze medalist, respectively.
Notice: Marcelle wrote within the caption of her Instagram submit documenting her world file squat that the burden was 579 kilos (262.6 kilograms). Nonetheless, LiftingCast recorded the elevate at 263.5 kilograms (580.9 kilos).
View this submit on Instagram
For the elevate, Marcelle wore a lifting belt and knee sleeves. In line with her Instagram caption, her squat try was speculated to be 558 kilograms (569 kilos). A profitable lockout of that weight would have eclipsed the earlier all-time uncooked world file of 257.5 kilograms (567.7 kilos) scored by Samantha Rice on the 2022 United States Powerlifting Affiliation (USPA) Professional Uncooked Championships.
Nonetheless, Marcelle’s barbell was misloaded by 4.5 kilograms (10 kilos).
By the grace of god, I acquired that bar up. I didn’t cease preventing.
Earlier than getting into the competition, Marcelle had proved she may lift more than the world file in training. Six months later, Marcelle inadvertently tacked six kilograms onto the uncooked world file and claimed it for herself.
Extra Powerlifting Content material
- Jesus Olivares (+120KG) Sets New All-Time World Record Raw Total of 1,152.5 Kilograms
- Joe Sullivan (100 KG) Breaks All-Time World Record Raw Squat with 386-Kilogram (851-Pound) Lift
- Danny Grigsby (110KG) Deadlifts New All-Time World Raw Record of 467.5 Kilograms (1,030.7 Pounds)
Featured Picture: @sincerelysherine on Instagram
The submit Sherine Marcelle (90KG) Sets New All-Time Raw Squat World Record of 263.5 Kilograms appeared first on BarBend.