If you happen to had been to ask an athlete about what muscle group seems to be essentially the most spectacular on the physique, there’s a superb likelihood they’d say, “the quadriceps.” Few muscle tissues exemplify energy and power greater than a pair of thick, robust quads peeking by a pair of shorts or pants. A strong and muscular lower body tells the world you do extra within the fitness center than curl some dumbbells.
Whether or not you’re a leisure lifter, aggressive strength athlete, or play a sport that by some means doesn’t characteristic barbells, robust quads are important for efficiency and wholesome motion. To not point out that they’re important in maxing out your barbell squat. Constructing highly effective quads isn’t a sophisticated course of. But it surely does take time, programming, and planning.
On this article, you’ll dive into the 13 finest quad workouts to combine into your leg day. You’ll additionally get acquainted with the right way to practice for power and extra pronounced teardrop muscle tissues.
Editor’s Word: The content material on BarBend is supposed to be informative in nature, nevertheless it shouldn’t be taken as medical recommendation. When beginning a brand new coaching routine and/or food plan, it’s at all times a good suggestion to seek the advice of a trusted medical skilled. We aren’t a medical useful resource. The opinions and articles on this website aren’t meant to be used as analysis, prevention, and/or remedy of well being issues. They aren’t substitutes for consulting a professional medical skilled.
Greatest Quad Workouts
Certain, you’ll be able to’t do a heavy back squat and not using a pair of almighty quads to gas and assist the hassle. However in case you’re aiming to particularly goal the fronts of your thighs, the front squat has bought your again.
Because you’ll be front-loading the burden, you’ll be pressured to maintain your torso extra upright than you’ll be able to in a again squat. In consequence, your quads should work an entire lot more durable. As you’ll be able to load up the entrance squat fairly closely, this transfer will likely be key to supporting quad strength and growth.
Easy methods to Do the Entrance Squat
- Set up a barbell in a squat rack at roughly shoulder top.
- Step up to the bar, supporting it excessive in your entrance delts and probably your upper chest. Bend your arms to tuck your fingers underneath the bar and maintain your elbows pointing up. Keep a tall posture and brace your core.
- Preserve the barbell in front-rack place and sink into your squat.
- After hitting the underside of your squat, press again as much as standing by your legs. Keep a tall torso, core brace, and high elbows all through.
Coach’s Tip: Robust and cellular wrists and shoulders are essential for an efficient front-rack position. Earlier than entrance squatting, be sure you warm up your hips, wrists, shoulders, and ankles. Drive your elbows up all through the motion.
Units and Reps: Carry out three to 4 units of 4 to 10 reps, relying in your objectives.
Advantages of the Entrance Squat
- A vital addition to weightlifters’ and CrossFitters’ programs, the entrance squat can also be a helpful, strength-building accent for any power sport athlete.
- The entrance squat builds strength all through your decrease physique, with an emphasis in your quads.
- This transfer additionally promotes a robust, steady core.
You’ve in all probability seen the back squat on loads of train lists. The squat is a motion sample that we interact in every day, resembling once we squat down to choose one thing up or get out and in of a chair.
By coaching it with a heel elevation, you’re capable of drive the knee additional ahead, inserting extra muscular stress on the quads. Additionally, leg power has carryover to extra athletic actions resembling leaping and sprinting, that are two actions your quads are straight concerned in.
Easy methods to Do the Heel-Elevated Again Squat
- Unrack a loaded barbell from a station or power rack.
- With the barbell mounted securely in your traps, stroll backward just a few steps.
- Place your heels on an elevated floor. This is usually a heel wedge or two small plates. Be sure that your toes are about shoulder-width aside.
- Squat down together with your chest up till the bottoms of your thighs are parallel to the ground, permitting your knees to journey ahead freely.
- Drive again up by pushing your feet through the floor.
Coach’s Tip: Check out your weight plates or one other elevated floor to get a really feel for the motion earlier than loading up the burden. Do warm-up sets with simply your physique weight and an empty barbell earlier than doing anything.
Units and Reps: Do three to 4 units of eight to 10 reps.
Advantages of the Heel-Elevated Again Squat
- The heel elevation permits you to drive the knee additional ahead, creating extra mechanical bias within the quads.
- The again squat permits for extra loading in comparison with many different free-weight leg actions.
- Squatting is one thing you probably do every single day. Practising the transfer in the gym will maintain you environment friendly at it in on a regular basis life.
A superb exercise for beginners and superior athletes alike, the goblet squat is a traditional staple of leg day for a purpose. You may select between holding a dumbbell or a kettlebell. And though the burden will likely be front-loaded, you don’t want almost as a lot wrist and shoulder mobility as you do with barbell entrance squats.
The goblet squat locations a ton of emphasis in your quads, however that’s not all. It’s a compound motion that may involve your whole body, together with your higher again and core. You’ll get a number of bang in your buck with this one, for positive.
Easy methods to Do the Goblet Squat
- Elevate a kettlebell or dumbbell with each arms, holding it together with your thumbs resting towards your higher chest.
- Keep an upright posture, conserving your shoulders again and down. Brace your core.
- Squat down till your thighs break parallel with the ground.
- Push by your toes to return to standing.
Coach’s Tip: If doable, maintain your elbows tucked near your sides. Some flaring out might help if that feels extra pure in your physique, however attempt to keep away from a dramatic “hen wing” impact to spare your elbows and shoulders pointless pressure.
Units and Reps: Carry out three to 4 units of eight to fifteen reps.
Advantages of the Goblet Squat
- This motion strengthens your quads whereas additionally working your glutes and hamstrings.
- You need to use front-loaded weights (a kettlebell or dumbbell) without having fairly as a lot mobility and positional talent as you do with a barbell entrance squat.
- The goblet squat may even tax your upper back and core, which makes it a wonderful all-around train.
There’s a purpose so many lifters dread the Bulgarian split squat: it’s powerful. Nonetheless, it continues to characteristic in so many high-quality power packages. This unilateral movement permits you to easy out power imbalances whereas additionally coaching your stability, core power, and — you guessed it — your quads.
The Bulgarian break up squat will strengthen your legs very successfully, as your again leg will likely be elevated on a weight bench or plyo box. It’ll probably additionally current a strong mental challenge to construct the fortitude and self-discipline you must energy by even the trickiest of accessory exercises.
Easy methods to Do the Bulgarian Break up Squat
- Stand just a few toes in entrance of a plyo field or weight bench. Modify your place such that whenever you place your again foot laces down on the elevated floor, each of your knees can attain 90 levels when bent.
- Seize maintain of a free weight (in case you’re opting to make use of one) and stabilize your place. Brace your core and descend right into a lunge.
- Descend till your again leg reaches its full range of motion — your again knee must be pointing down on the floor.
- Press arduous into your entrance foot to rise again to standing.
Coach’s Tip: On the descent, lean barely backward. On the ascent, give attention to driving by that entrance leg.
Advantages of the Bulgarian Break up Squat
- This accent train has you elevate your rear foot, so you’ll acquire full physique steadiness and coordination right here.
- The Bulgarian break up squat is a unilateral exercise, serving to you even out imbalances in muscle mass or power between legs.
- You’ll place a number of emphasis in your working (entrance) leg, making this a wonderful quad builder.
This squat variation isolates one quad at a time, which additionally permits you to goal a probably lagging quadricep on one facet. The heel carry permits you to drive your working knee ahead additional, inserting extra muscular stress on the quads.
Like different leg workouts, this variation might be loaded for extra muscular tension. By loading up closely, you’ll be able to enhance your hypertrophy and power potential.
- Stand with a dumbbell in each hand.
- Take a step ahead, inserting your entrance leg heel onto an elevation.
- Preserve your chest up and squat down till the knee of your again leg is about an inch above the ground.
- Stand again up by driving your entrance foot by the ground.
Coach’s Tip: Keep away from letting your chest collapse ahead, conserving your shoulders again and down. Squeeze the dumbbells to maximize full-body engagement.
Units and Reps: Carry out three to 4 units of eight to fifteen reps per facet.
- The break up squat can work for each health stage, aim, and want.
- You may load it in many alternative methods — in your again, in a Zercher position, with a dumbbell in every hand, and even with a security bar.
- The unilateral (single-sided) setup helps construct coordination and improves steadiness.
Initially the beloved brainchild of George Hackenschmidt, this train shares attributes with the again squat, reinforcing the squat motion sample to construct power that interprets into numerous different lifts.
As a bonus, the machine creates exterior stability, eradicating the necessity to steadiness throughout every rep. While you don’t have to fret about steadiness, you’ll be able to load up the burden fairly considerably.
Easy methods to Do the Hack Squat
- Your stance on the foot platform will carefully mimic that of your back squat stance. As such, your torso must be steady together with your abdominals engaged and your decrease again flat on the again pad.
- Keep a impartial head place as you decrease your physique till the bottoms of your thighs are parallel to the foot platform.
- Drive by your heels to return to the highest place.
Coach’s Tip: When you get a really feel for the motion, you’ll be able to load up pretty closely due to the exterior steadiness and stability. Make the most of this, however guarantee that you’ve got your form and prerequisite power locked in first.
Units and Reps: Do three to 4 units of six to eight reps.
Advantages of the Hack Squat
- The platform permits for extra individualized foot placement.
- The hack squat gives more stability in comparison with free-weight squat variations. This implies you need to use fairly heavy weights.
- This motion’s predefined path safeguards towards shedding steadiness.
The trap bar deadlift variation is likely one of the most underrated workouts round. It permits you to maintain the load extra consistent with your physique and with a impartial grip, which helps maintain the torso extra upright and permits for extra weight to be loaded.
By elevating your heels, you’re inserting the load extra straight over your quads. You’re additionally capable of obtain extra depth, inserting extra stress on the quads by a bigger vary of movement. It is a lethal mixture for constructing muscle and power within the quads.
Easy methods to Do the Heel-Elevated Lure Bar Deadlift
- Elevate your heels on weight plates or one other steady platform.
- Hinge down with generously bent knees and grasp the handles of a trap bar.
- Lock your shoulders again and right down to stabilize the backbone and brace your core.
- Carry out a standard trap bar deadlift motion.
Coach’s Tip: Don’t skimp on bending your knees much more generously than you do with a barbell deadlift. This may assist enhance the activation of your quads.
Units and Reps: Carry out three to 4 units of 4 to eight reps.
Advantages of the Heel-Elevated Lure Bar Deadlift
- The elevated heel place helps the knees drive additional ahead, inserting extra of the load onto your quads.
- The impartial grip hand positioning permits you to keep extra upright, so it’s a good option for beginners who need to practice this motion sample.
- The entice bar deadlift is a way more beginner-friendly possibility for studying a hinge sample than the standard deadlift. Nevertheless, it permits you to load up further heavy, so it’s additionally nice for superior athletes.
The leg press is one other improbable train for constructing robust resilient quads. Adjustments to foot place, changes to again pad angle, and built-in security mechanisms assist make the leg press a dependable, customizable possibility for quad coaching.
You may also practice your quads with extremely heavy loads, as this train allows you to load up. Ensure you’re conserving your hamstring and glute coaching intense, too — you don’t need to overuse this transfer and get disproportionate robust on just one a part of your lower body.
Easy methods to Do the Leg Press
- Place your feet on the sled of a leg press machine, matching your normal squat stance if doable.
- Press the sled out of the rack and decrease the security bars.
- Decrease the sled towards your chest with management till your thighs break 90 levels.
- Press the sled again up. Don’t lock out your knees absolutely on the prime of the motion.
Coach’s Tip: Make sure that your thighs are breaking parallel for max advantages or at the least maximally pressed towards your abdomen or chest. If you happen to can’t obtain that place or stress, decrease the burden.
Units and Reps: Carry out three to 4 units of eight to 12 reps.
Advantages of the Leg Press
- This transfer is beginner-friendly since it’s externally stabilized and simple to determine, and good for veteran fitness center rats who need to carry heavier.
- You may mess around together with your foot place to search out an angle that’s snug for you.
- Because it’s safer, as a result of built-in security bars, you’ll really feel more comfortable lifting heavier loads.
This cable-based squat variation is one other nice train for coaching one leg at a time. The directional pull from the cable not solely guides your path but additionally acts as a natural cue to drive the knee additional ahead — inserting extra stress on the quads.
These are nice for newbies who want a extra stationary leg train and for extra superior trainees who need to place focused emphasis on the quads.
Easy methods to Do the Low Cable Break up Squat
- Set the cable attachment on the bottom peg and grasp the deal with with the hand reverse your working leg.
- Take a step again and prolong the non-working leg (the identical facet leg that’s holding the deal with) again to place your self right into a staggered stance.
- Drive your knee ahead so far as doable.
- Lengthen your knee and return to the beginning place.
Coach’s Tip: Take your time to determine the right positioning with the cable stack. You need to be far sufficient away for the cable to offer fixed stress, however shut sufficient that you just’re not shedding steadiness or overcompensating.
Units and Reps: Carry out three units of 15 to twenty reps per facet.
Advantages of the Low Cable Break up Squat
- This train is beginner-friendly and is usually a good regression from the dumbbell variation, and good for veteran fitness center rats who place extra emphasis on their quads.
- You may mess around together with your foot place to search out one which’s snug for you and results in essentially the most leg activation.
- The cable attachment is a good studying instrument for development towards a free-weight break up squat.
Whether or not you’re on the fitness center or caught at residence training in your garage, sissy squats are probably the greatest workouts for creating a giant stretch within the quads.
Easy methods to Do the Banded Sissy Squat
- Anchor a band to an influence rack and round your legs (behind the knees).
- Take two or three steps again and lean your torso ahead at your hips.
- Place your arms on the power rack in entrance of you.
- Drive your knees ahead till they’re absolutely flexed. Enable your heels to come back off the bottom.
- From the underside, prolong your knees arduous towards the resistance of the band.
Coach’s Tip: Ensure you’re snug with the trials of a daily sissy squat earlier than adding resistance on this method.
Units and Reps: Carry out three to 4 units of 10 to fifteen reps.
Advantages of the Banded Sissy Squat
- The dearth of load permits you to solely give attention to maximizing the stretch on the quads.
- It may be used as a stand-alone train or as a terrific addition to any superset to additional emphasize the quads.
When carried out with management and correct kind, the leg extension is a stellar train to hone in in your quads. It’s straightforward to be taught and execute (there’s virtually no studying curve) and it doesn’t load your backbone. That’s nice information for lifters who need to goal their legs with out involving their again.
Leg extensions additionally require much less weight to be efficient, and it targets the rectus femoris muscle in its shortened place. That’s a quadriceps muscle that crosses the hip joint and performs an essential function in serving to stabilize the pelvis in different power coaching workouts.
Easy methods to Do the Leg Extension
- Modify the again pad on the machine such that the backs of your knee match snugly towards the sting of the seat.
- Lengthen your knees to maneuver the ankle pad, till your knees are absolutely straightened.
- Decrease the burden again down with management.
Coach’s Tip: Carry out single-leg leg extensions in case you have any power or muscle imbalances you need to iron out.
Units and Reps: Carry out two to 3 units of 12 to twenty reps.
Advantages of the Leg Extension
- You may straight goal your quadriceps whereas avoiding including extra quantity to different tissues.
- The leg extension is carried out seated, which might be nice for lifters who’re recovering from injury or don’t have entry to a barbell.
The prowler sled is often used for aerobic conditioning. Pushing or pulling the loaded sled ramps up your coronary heart charge very quickly and can be utilized in many alternative methods. The driving pressure behind a prowler pull is your legs — particularly your quads.
Easy methods to Do the Prowler Pull
- Guarantee you have got ample distance to carry out every set and that no particles is obstructing your path.
- Grasp the handles of a prowler sled that’s been loaded up with some weight plates.
- Pull the sled underneath management, specializing in powerfully contracting the quads with every step.
Coach’s Tip: Ensure you’re respiration all through your set. Attempt to breathe deep into your core as a substitute of gasping for air.
Units and Reps: Do three to 5 rounds of 15 to 45-second pulls.
Advantages of the Prowler Pull
- The prowler pull permits for larger focus in your quads whereas limiting the stress on different joints.
- This transfer might be utilized to mesh cardio work with quad hypertrophy.
Competitive cyclists are identified for his or her monstrous quads, and it’s no marvel why — their sport includes hundreds of reps of knee extension.
The bicycle owner squat adjusts the leverages of a typical squat to imitate the posture you’d tackle a bicycle whereas offering an unmatched stimulus stage to the knee extensors.
Easy methods to Do the Bike owner Squat
- With a barbell in your again or a pair of dumbbells in every hand, place your toes very shut collectively whereas your heels are considerably elevated — as much as two inches.
- Brace your core and slowly squat down, permitting your knees to journey properly past your toes till your hamstrings make contact together with your calves.
- Return to the beginning place by contracting the quads solely, sustaining a nonetheless posture in your torso and hips.
Coach’s Tip: Grasp the atypical motion sample right here earlier than loading up the weights.
Units and Reps: Carry out three to 4 units of eight to 12 reps.
Advantages of the Bike owner Squat
- High heel elevation simulates an extra vary of movement within the ankles for higher quad activation.
- This transfer permits for a excessive diploma of stimulus to the quadriceps with out the necessity for big quantities of exterior loading.
A proper warm-up might help elevate your core physique temperature, activate your nervous system, and enhance your readiness and psychological state heading into that day’s session.
An effective warm-up for any muscle group can also be going to include the workouts you might be performing in that day’s coaching session. For instance, in case you’re performing heel-elevated again squats, you’ll be able to heat up by performing gentle reps and rising the depth as you proceed towards your working units.
This ensures that the suitable muscle tissues and joints are being primed, lowering the chance of harm and enhancing your general coaching efficiency.
Work the next strikes into your full-body warm-up when leg day rolls round. Your lifts will likely be glad you probably did.
- Strolling Quad Stretch: 1 x 15 per facet
- Bulgarian Break up Squat Pulse: 1 x 15 per facet
- Train-Particular Ramp-Up Set: 1-3 x 4-6
Easy methods to Practice Your Quads
The quad muscle tissues give power and construction to the lower body and assist shield the knee and hip. As such, you’ll both need to practice quads together with your legs as an entire or pair them with a few your upper body workouts.
Listed below are three benchmarks for quad coaching — it’s as much as you to determine the right way to combine them into your routine.
The exercises you choose play a big function within the muscle tissues being labored. Muscle tissues of the leg work in synchronicity to attain a variety of motion patterns. Due to this fact, completely different muscle tissues will likely be biased extra relying on the actions being carried out.
When deciding on an train for quad-focused coaching, the principle precedence must be the quantity of knee flexion within the vary of movement. Nevertheless, there are secondary concerns. When selecting workouts to carry out, you need to choose ones that:
In the case of coaching the legs, there are a number of nice choices for workouts and instruments to get the job performed — together with cables, machines, free weights, and physique weight.
Units and Reps
There’s no magic number of sets and reps — it depends upon your final aim. That stated, a superb rule of thumb is to stay with between 10-14 units per week in your quads. The quads can take a beating on account of their massive floor space, however monitor your complete training volume and the way you reply to it.
- For Energy: Do three to 4 units of three to 6 reps, often with compound actions.
- For Muscle: Carry out three to 4 units of eight to fifteen reps, both with single-joint or compound actions.
- For Endurance: Do three to 4 units of 15 or extra reps, often with single-joint actions.
To keep away from measurement and strength plateaus, you need to progressively overload the quads. This entails deciding on a sure variety of units and reps to carry out an train for — say, three units of 10 reps. For every exercise, you’ll add one rep to every set of the motion. After just a few weeks, begin once more with 10 reps however enhance the load you’re lifting by about 5 to 10 kilos.
Keep in mind, there’s a restrict to how a lot you are able to do per exercise whereas nonetheless being productive. If you happen to discover your efficiency dropping off, it could assist to separate up among the coaching quantity to a day later within the week. A training frequency of two to 3 periods per week has been advisable to assist maximize muscle progress. (1)
It’s not solely about what you do and the way you do it, it issues when. Putting compound exercises first in your exercise is most popular, particularly for newbies. It’s because the extra fatigued you get, the more severe your approach will develop into, probably rising the chance of harm later within the exercise.
Putting workouts like deadlifts and different barbell variations — that demand extra out of your physique — towards the beginning of your exercise will enhance the effectiveness of your coaching. Right here’s an instance of how you might order the workouts in your subsequent leg exercise:
- Entrance Squat
- Heel-Elevated Lure Bar Deadlift
- Leg Extension
- Prowler Pull
The heavier, more difficult compound lifts are carried out first whilst you’re good and contemporary, tapering right down to focused isolation work in the direction of the tip.
Quad Coaching Ideas
There aren’t many arduous rules in hypertrophy training, however there are many good tips to observe. Adhering to those ideas might help you get extra out of your leg day each time you set foot within the fitness center.
Extra vary of movement has been proven to result in larger outcomes in hypertrophy. (2) Whereas extra of all the pieces isn’t at all times higher, in the case of rising your quads, getting deep and maximizing knee flexion is a giant deal.
The more depth you obtain, the extra stress is positioned on the quads by a bigger vary of movement. The power to create important stress will decide the general success of your power coaching, regardless of the goal.
Selecting the Proper Train for the Job
Realizing that depth issues is barely half the battle. Choosing the proper train for the job comes right down to understanding what the train calls for, alongside your talent stage, construction, and mechanics.
There are a number of other ways to coach your quads. If you happen to haven’t had private success prior to now with the traditional back squat, check out the heels-elevated again squat or trap bar deadlift.
These actions assist drive the knee ahead, inserting extra stress and bias in your quads in comparison with their conventional counterparts.
Push the Depth
Constructing a noteworthy set of legs takes work. It takes planning, sets close to failure (and perhaps one or two previous), and proper recovery. Pushing the depth of your units near, or previous failure is essential to stage up your quads.
Realizing when and the place to do that can also be essential — relatively than pushing the intensity too far in workouts just like the squat, go all-out in workouts like the hack squat, press, or leg extension. These actions naturally assist shield the backbone and deter accidents as a result of mounted path and security mechanisms.
Advantages of Coaching Your Quads
The advantages of coaching your legs are well-established. Leg coaching helps burn a number of energy, builds muscle and power in your decrease physique, reduces the chance of harm, and helps you move around better general.
Coaching your quads particularly not solely helps construct extra purposeful power — aiding in exercises like the squat and deadlift — however packs on measurement to your legs in a giant means. If you happen to’re seeking to measurement up your khakis, kicking your quad coaching up a notch is a surefire option to be bursting on the seams.
You’ll Enhance Your Larger Lifts
Build up muscle and power within the entrance of your legs results in a rise in efficiency throughout the board. Stronger quads can result in elevated efficiency in your squat, deadlift, lunges, sled variations, and extra. Alongside noticeable features in power, coaching the quads extra straight will pack on noticeable measurement to your legs — commanding respect and turning heads.
You’ll Be Much less Susceptible to Damage
Your quads play an important function in serving to stabilize the knee throughout many motions, together with squats, deadlifts, power cleans, strolling, sprinting, and leaping. For the reason that knee joint is likely one of the largest and most lively within the human physique, it deserves each ounce of consideration we can provide it.
The 4 heads of the quads prolong down from the hip and connect properly to the patellar tendon. These muscle tissues work collectively alongside the hamstrings and calves to guard the knee and will let you carry, transfer, and stay impartial throughout your complete lifespan.
Quad Coaching Can Preserve You Shifting
Your walking speed is a crucial metric in healthy aging. A big physique of scientific literature factors us to the connection between gait velocity, our capacity to rise up out of a chair, and stopping falls or different age-related accidents. (3)
If you happen to assume the one time you squat is within the fitness center, relaxation assured that that’s not the case. Any time you rise up and down from a chair, you’re squatting. Strolling up or down the steps is actually a lunge. Constructing robust and resilient quads might help you interact in every day life whereas additionally conserving you extra impartial as you age.
Anatomy of the Quadriceps
The quadriceps are made up of 4 distinct muscle tissues — particularly the rectus femoris, vastus lateralis, vastus medialis, and vastus intermedius. These muscle tissues make up the majority of the entrance of the thigh, assist stabilize the knee, and play an important function in hip stability as properly.
The quadriceps all carry out the identical main perform of knee extension, though the rectus femoris particularly does have some function in auxiliary stabilization. In actions like a farmer’s carry, the quadriceps work double-time to assist stabilize the hips. (4)
Extra on Quad Coaching
Understanding the mechanics of your muscle tissues might help you get extra worth out of your training in addition to enrich your time spent within the fitness center. Now that you’ve got realized about constructing your quads, listed here are another sources that can assist you broaden your leg-day encyclopedia.
- Schoenfeld, B. J., Ogborn, D., & Krieger, J. W. (2016). Results of Resistance Coaching Frequency on Measures of Muscle Hypertrophy: A Systematic Overview and Meta-Evaluation. Sports activities medication (Auckland, N.Z.), 46(11), 1689–1697.
- Schoenfeld, B. J., & Grgic, J. (2020). Results of vary of movement on muscle growth throughout resistance coaching interventions: A scientific assessment. SAGE open medication, 8, 2050312120901559.
- Stephan, Y., Sutin, A. R., & Terracciano, A. (2015). “Feeling youthful, strolling sooner”: subjective age and strolling velocity in older adults. Age (Dordrecht, Netherlands), 37(5), 86.
- Bordoni B, Varacallo M. Anatomy, Bony Pelvis and Decrease Limb, Thigh Quadriceps Muscle. [Updated 2021 Feb 7]. StatPearls Publishing; 2021.
Featured Picture: Sjale / Shutterstock