Immediately I’m speaking to Eoin Everard, an Irish physiotherapist and elite runner who has represented his nation on the worldwide athletics stage — he’s run the mile in below 4 minutes and is the 2-time Irish Nationwide Champion at 1500 meters. And if that’s not sufficient, he’s acquired a PhD in biomechanics. Eoin and I discuss his athletic background and the way overcoming damage led him down a path to raised perceive sports activities efficiency for all athletes. The place does athletic motion begin breaking down, and the way do mobility restrictions think about? And what can athletes to do begin addressing these points? Whereas the knowledge on this podcast isn’t meant as medical recommendation, I hope you get so much out of how our visitor breaks down biomechanics in a extremely digestible approach.
Earlier than we get into that, I wish to give a fast shoutout to as we speak’s episode sponsor, Protecht Wraps. Wrist safety is necessary for me — and as somebody with wrist accidents up to now, I try to go the additional mile to guard them.
Do you put on a health tracker when lifting? You then’ve in all probability skilled taking it off for bench press, kettlebells, or different workout routines.
Introducing Protecht Wraps, the primary and solely wrist wrap for lifting, cross-training, and kettlebell exercises which can be designed to work round your watch whereas protecting your wrists and watch protected.
They simply launched, and you’ll test them out at Protechtwraps.com
On this episode of The BarBend Podcast, host David Tao talks to Eoin Everard about:
- Eoin’s athletic background and being pushed by…spite? (3:00)
- Do you brag about having a PhD? (10:20)
- Why weightlifting and powerlifting ought to actually swap names (14:00)
- How will we get to right actions? There are three parts of motion: mobility, stability, and motor management (15:00)
- Breaking down the science of mobility (17:00)
- What to do if mobility restricts your lifting (21:00)
- The joint-by-joint method to the physique (24:00)
Related hyperlinks and additional studying:
- Observe Eoin Everard on Instagram and go to his website
- Observe David Thomas Tao on Instagram and Twitter