As we speak, we’re speaking to the NEW World’s Strongest Man, Mitchell Hooper. Mitchell is definitely becoming a member of the podcast for a second time! He’s the primary Canadian athlete to ever maintain the title of World’s Strongest Man, and he did it in a Finals filled with former champions. Did we point out it’s solely his SECOND 12 months as a professional strongman?
Mitchell updates us on 24 hours within the lifetime of a brand new World’s Strongest Man, together with how his objectives and outlook on the game have shifted since we final chatted. He additionally talks about getting again to his day job — sure, he has a full time job exterior of strongman! — and the media circus that began proper after he hoisted the well-known trophy.
View this publish on Instagram
On this episode of the BarBend Podcast, host David Thomas Tao talks to Mitchell Hooper about:
- Has Mitchell’s victory sunk in but? (1:30)
- Diving proper again into the media circus post-victory (2:00)
- Weaknesses Mitchell drilled in pre-comp coaching, together with circus dumbbell (4:40)
- Going head-to-head with earlier champions (8:30)
- The joys of victory and sharing it along with his fiancé (11:25)
- Has Mitchell had THE quickest rise in professional strongman historical past? And what would he change in regards to the sport? (14:00)
- Mitchell’s scientific follow and day job (16:00)
- Can Mitchell full the first-ever males’s professional strongman sweep? (17:00)
Related hyperlinks and additional studying:
The publish The NEW World’s Strongest Man (with Mitchell Hooper) appeared first on BarBend.