Right now we’re joined (for the second time!) by Dr. Conor Heffernan, an historian and educator relating to the historical past of power and bodily tradition. He’s additionally a frequent BarBend contributor! Dr. Heffernan joins us to speak in regards to the historical past of stone lifting in cultures across the globe, with a specific emphasis on Irish stone lifting. Dozens of historic Irish lifting stones have been uncovered prior to now few years, and one intrepid explorer/lifter has even been known as “Indiana Stones” due to his uncommon finds. How precisely are researchers discovering these historic stones? And is anybody lifting them at the moment?
On this episode of the BarBend Podcast, host David Thomas Tao talks to Dr. Conor Heffernan about:
- Conor’s background and fervour for power tradition (1:35)
- The place you possibly can see a 2,000 year-old lifting stone (5:10)
- Did historians exaggerate historic lifting accomplishments? (8:30)
- Irish stone lifting and new discoveries (13:00)
- The variety of Irish lifting stones (and the story of a person known as “Indiana Stones“!) (15:30)
- What does an Irish authorities initiative from the Twenties must do with stone lifting? (19:20)
- The tradition of uncovering lifting stones (22:50)
- Rediscovering the Dinnie Stones (27:00)
Related hyperlinks and additional studying:
The publish The Secret History of Irish Stone Lifting (w/Dr. Conor Heffernan) appeared first on BarBend.