At the moment I’m speaking with Mona Pretorius de Lacey, who has one of the vital spectacular athletic resumes I’ve ever come throughout. She’s maybe finest often known as a Commonwealth Video games medalist in weightlifting. However she’s additionally a CrossFit Games athlete and six-time Karate World Champion. Mona has perspective on worldwide athletics above and past what most of us can fathom. We discuss her experiences on the world stage, together with classes realized and utilized throughout sports activities on the highest ranges.
On this episode of the BarBend Podcast, host David Thomas Tao talks to Mona Pretorius de Lacey about:
- Mona’s athletic profession (to this point) (2:10)
- Working with what you may have, and discovering weightlifting to enhance in karate (5:30)
- The draw of weightlifting and the Olympia umbrella (9:30)
- The monetary burden of high-level athletics in sure international locations (15:00)
- Commonwealth Video games accomplishments and why it’s similar to the Olympics (19:30)
- Coaching for extremely distance races (20:00)
Related hyperlinks and additional studying:
The submit Weightlifter, CrossFit Games Athlete, Karate World Champ (w/Mona Pretorius de Lacey) appeared first on BarBend.